The purchase of a used car can be a “nervous” experience to say the least.
“Caveat Emptor” – Let the buyer beware!
At Layton Carcare we will perform a complimentary “pre-purchase inspection. So taking the time to drive over and visit us would be a good idea. We have performed hundreds of these pre-purchase inspections in our 36 years in business.
Some things we do are:
- Scan the vehicles’ electronic systems (cars or trucks built after 1994) can reveal airbag deployments, sensors that are not communicating with the multitude of computers on modern cars, and much much more.
- Look for collision damage by accessing the fit of body parts and color match. We check both under the hood and in the trunk.
- Seat belt webbing is inspected for tears and discolorations that can be an indicator that the belt was in use when the vehicle was in a collision.
- Inspection of tires. We are looking for wear patterns that could be indications of things as simple as low tire pressure, or more seriously, worn or misaligned suspension parts.
- Inspect for worn parts like belts, ball joints, and tie rods. etc.
Services we provide but at a modest fee:
- Perform an engine compression test.
- Check the condition of the brakes
- Check the charging system and note the condition of the battery and alternator
Some things to remember:
Carfax won’t tell you everything. Repairs that were not reported to them or found by them don’t show up.
Avoid “Salvage” or “Branded” title vehicles.
Vehicles are totaled for a reason, typically that they couldn’t be repaired properly for less than the value of the vehicle. It has been our experience that salvage vehicles have had corners cut during the repairs. Vehicle performance and safety could have been compromised.
Appointments are necessary for our Pre-Purchase inspections. Visit Layton Carcare in Layton, UT BEFORE you buy your next car. Call (801) 593-9200.